|Subscribers: Log in to read full article. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase article.|
1. J Lindenfeld et al. Executive summary: HFSA 2010 comprehensive heart failure practice guideline. J Card Fail 2010; 16:475. Available at onlinejcf.com. Accessed August 8, 2012.
2. M Jessup et al. 2009 Focused update: ACCF/AHA guidelines for the diagnosis and management of heart failure in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines: developed in collaboration with the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Circulation 2009; 119:1977.
3. H Svanström et al. Association of treatment with losartan vs candesartan and mortality among patients with heart failure. JAMA 2012; 307:1506.
4. MA Konstam et al. Effects of high-dose versus low-dose losartan on clinical outcomes in patients with heart failure (HEAAL study): a randomized, double-blind trial. Lancet 2009; 374:1840.
5. RE Shaddy et al. Carvedilol for children and adolescents with heart failure: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2007; 298:1171.
6. Nebivolol (Bystolic) for hypertension. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2008; 50:17.
7. F Zannad et al. Eplerenone in patients with systolic heart failure and mild symptoms. N Engl J Med 2011; 364:11.
8. B Pitt et al. Eplerenone, a selective aldosterone blocker, in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med 2003; 348:1309.
9. AL Taylor et al. Early and sustained benefit on event-free survival and heart failure hospitalization from fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine. Circulation 2007; 115:1747.
10. The Digitalis Investigation Group. The effect of digoxin on mortality and morbidity in patients with heart failure. N Engl J Med 1997; 336:525.
11. GISSI-HF Investigators. Effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in patients with chronic heart failure (the GISSI-HF trial): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2008; 372:1223.
12. In brief: aliskiren trial terminated. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2012; 54:5.
13. K Swedberg et al. Ivabradine and outcomes in chronic heart failure (SHIFT): a randomised placebo-controlled study. Lancet 2010; 376:875.