3. C Liu et al. Clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America for the treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in adults and children. Clin Infect Dis 2011; 52:285.
13. ST Shulman et al. Clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of Group A streptococcal pharyngitis: 2012 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2012; 55:1279.
16. LA Mandell et al. Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society consensus guidelines on the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults. Clin Infect Dis 2007; 44 Suppl 2: S27.
20. K Gupta et al. International clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis in women: A 2010 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the European Society for Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. Clin Infect Dis 2011; 52:e103.
26. JS Solomkin et al. Diagnosis and management of complicated intra-abdominal infection in adults and children: guidelines by the Surgical Infection Society and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2010; 50:133.
29. FDA Drug Safety Communication: Increased risk of death with Tygacil (tigecycline) compared to other antibiotics used to treat similar infections. Available at http://www.fda.gov. Accessed June 5, 2013.
31. SH Cohen et al. Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults: 2010 update by the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) and the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2010; 31:431.
42. ST Micek et al. Empiric combination antibiotic therapy is associated with improved outcome against sepsis due to gram-negative bacteria: a retrospective analysis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2010; 54:1742.
44. AG Freifeld et al. Clinical practice guideline for the use of antimicrobial agents in neutropenic patients with cancer: 2010 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2011; 52:e56.
46. NY Lee et al. Carbapenem therapy for bacteremia due to extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae: implications of ertapenem susceptibility. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2012; 56:2888.
47. JJ Fong et al. Clinical outcomes with ertapenem as a first-line treatment option of infections caused by extended-spectrum beta-lactamase producing gram-negative bacteria. Ann Pharmacother 2012; 46:347.
49. A Michalopoulos et al. Intravenous fosfomycin for the treatment of nosocomial infections caused by carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae in critically ill patients: a prospective evaluation. Clin Microbiol Infect 2010; 16:184.