|Subscribers: Log in to read full article. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase article.|
1. SA Harper et al. Seasonal influenza in adults and children—diagnosis, treatment, chemoprophylaxis, and institutional outbreak management: clinical practice guidelines of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2009; 48:1003.
2. T Jefferson et al. Neuraminidase inhibitors for preventing and treating influenza in healthy adults: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 2009; 339:b5106.
3. S Ng et al. Effects of oseltamivir treatment on duration of clinical illness and viral shedding and household transmission of influenza virus. Clin Infect Dis 2010; 50:707.
4. N Lee et al. Outcomes of adults hospitalized with severe influenza. Thorax 2010; 65:510.
5. A Hayward. Does treatment with oseltamivir prevent transmission of influenza to household contacts? Clin Infect Dis 2010; 50:715.
6. QM Le et al. A community cluster of oseltamivir-resistant cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza. N Engl J Med 2009; 362:86.
7. D Birnkrant and E Cox. The emergency use authorization of peramivir for treatment of 2009 H1N1 influenza. N Engl J Med 2009; 361:2204.
8. G Härter et al. Intravenous zanamivir for patients with pneumonitis due to pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza virus. Clin Infect Dis 2010; 50:1249.
9. IM Kidd et al. H1N1 pneumonitis treated with intravenous zanamivir. Lancet 2009; 374:1036.
10. Influenza antiviral medications: a summary for clinicians 2010-2011. www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/antivirals/summary-clinicians. htm. Accessed December 20, 2010.
11. N Khazeni et al. Systematic review: safety and efficacy of extended-duration antiviral chemoprophylaxis against pandemic and seasonal influenza. Ann Intern Med 2009; 151:464.
12. AM Siston et al. Pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus illness among pregnant women in the United States. JAMA 2010; 303:1517.
13. T Tanaka et al. Safety of neuraminidase inhibitors against novel influenza A (H1N1) in pregnant and breastfeeding women. CMAJ 2009; 181:55.