|Subscribers: Log in to read full article. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase article.|
1. N Olney and H Rosen. AVP-923, a combination of dextromethorphan hydrobromide and quinidine sulfate for the treatment of pseudobulbar affect and neuropathic pain. IDrugs 2010; 13:254.
2. Y Ohi et al. Dextromethorphan inhibits the glutamatergic synaptic transmission in the nucleus tractus solitarius of guinea pigs. J Pharmacol Sci 2011; 116:54.
3. Drugs for cardiac arrhythmias. Treat Guidel Med Lett 2007; 5:51.
4. LE Pope et al. Pharmacokinetics of dextromethorphan after single or multiple dosing in combination with quinidine in extensive and poor metabolizers. J Clin Pharmacol 2004; 44:1132.
5. EP Piorio et al. Dextromethorphan plus ultra low-dose quinidine reduces pseudobulbar affect. Ann Neurol 2010; 68:693.
6. Drugs that prolong the QT interval and/or induce torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmia. Available at www.arizonacert.org. Accessed June 6, 2011.
7. Price according to AWP listings in Price Alert (May 15, 2011).