|Subscribers: Log in to read full article. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase article.|
1. Drugs for hypertension. Treat Guidel Med Lett 2012; 10:1.
2. RH Smithwick and JE Thompson. Splanchnicectomy for essential hypertension; results in 1266 cases. JAMA 1953; 152:1501.
3. MP Schlaich et al. Effects of renal denervation on sympathetic activation, blood pressure, and glucose metabolism in patients with resistant hypertension. Front Physiol 2012; 3:10.
4. G Grassi and G Mancia. New therapeutic approaches for resistant hypertension. J Nephrol 2012; 25:276.
5. H Krum et al. Catheter-based renal sympathetic denervation for resistant hypertension: a multicentre safety and proof-of-principle cohort study. Lancet 2009; 373:1275.
6. Symplicity HTN-2 Investigators. Renal sympathetic denervation in patients with treatment-resistant hypertension (The Symplicity HTN-2 Trial): a randomized controlled trial. Lancet 2010; 376:1903.
7. Symplicity HTN-1 Investigators 2011. Catheter-based renal sympathetic denervation for resistant hypertension: durability of blood pressure reduction out to 24 months. Hypertension 2011; 57:911.