The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Drugs for Psoriatic Arthritis (online only)
June 8, 2015 (Issue: 1470)
- A Gottlieb et al. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: Section 2. Psoriatic arthritis: overview and guidelines of care for treatment with an emphasis on the biologics. J Am Acad Dermatol 2008; 58:851.
- A Menter et al. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: section 6. Guidelines of care for the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: case-based presentations and evidence-based conclusions. J Am Acad Dermatol 2011; 65:137.
- CT Ritchlin et al. Treatment recommendations for psoriatic arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68:1387.
- L Gossec et al. European League Against Rheumatism recommendations for the management of psoriatic arthritis with pharmacological therapies. Ann Rheum Dis 2012; 71:4.
- AJ Kivitz et al. A comparison of the efficacy and safety of celecoxib 200 mg and celecoxib 400 mg once daily in treating the signs and symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. Semin Arthritis Rheum 2007; 37:164.
- P Mease. Methotrexate in psoriatic arthritis. Bull Hosp Jt Dis (2013) 2013; 71 suppl 1:S41.
- GH Kingsley et al. A randomized placebo-controlled trial of methotrexate in psoriatic arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2012; 51:1368.
- JP Kaltwasser et al. Efficacy and safety of leflunomide in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis: a multinational, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50:1939.
- F Behrens et al. Leflunomide in psoriatic arthritis: results from a large European prospective observational study. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2013; 65:464.
- ER Soriano and NJ McHugh. Therapies for peripheral joint disease in psoriatic arthritis. A systematic review. J Rheumatol 2006; 33:1422.
- AD Fraser et al. A randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled, multicentre trial of combination therapy with methotrexate plus ciclosporin in patients with active psoriatic arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2005; 64:859.
- MB Hoffman et al. Psoriasis during pregnancy: characteristics and important management recommendations. Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2015; 11:709.
- Apremilast (Otezla) for psoriatic arthritis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2014; 56:41.
- A Kavanaugh et al. Treatment of psoriatic arthritis in a phase 3 randomised, placebo-controlled trial with apremilast, an oral phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor. Ann Rheum Dis 2014; 73:1020.
- A Kavanaugh et al. Longterm (52-week) results of a phase III randomized, controlled trial of apremilast in patients with psoriatic arthritis. J Rheumatol 2015; 42:479.
- R Goulabchand et al. Effect of tumor necrosis factor blockers on radiographic progression of psoriatic arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Ann Rheum Dis 2014; 73:414.
- AS Soubrier et al. Treatment response, drug survival and safety of anti-tumour necrosis factor α therapy in 193 patients with psoriatic arthritis: a twelve-year "real life" experience. Joint Bone Spine 2015; 82:31.
- L Eder et al. Tumour necrosis factor α blockers are more effective than methotrexate in the inhibition of radiographic joint damage progression among patients with psoriatic arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2014; 73:1007.
- K Thorlund et al. Anti-tumor necrosis factor (TNF) drugs for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis: an indirect comparison meta-analysis. Biologics 2012; 6:417.
- Certolizumab pegol (Cimzia) and ustekinumab (Stelara) for psoriatic arthritis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2014; 56:9.
- PJ Mease et al. Effect of certolizumab pegol on signs and symptoms in patients with psoriatic arthritis: 24-week results of a phase 3 double-blind randomised placebo-controlled study (RAPID-PsA). Ann Rheum Dis 2014; 73:48.
- RE Kalb et al. Risk of serious infection with biologic and systemic treatment of psoriasis: results from the psoriasis longitudinal assessment and regiatryy (PSOLAR). JAMA Dermatol 2015 May 13 (epub).
- AL Semble et al. Safety and tolerability of tumor necrosis factor-α inhibitors in psoriasis: a narrative review. Am J Clin Dermatol 2014; 15:37.
- L Hsu et al. Antidrug antibodies in psoriasis: a systematic review. Br J Dermatol 2014; 170:261.
- IB McInnes et al. Efficacy and safety of ustekinumab in patients with active psoriatic arthritis: 1 year results of the phase 3, multicentre, double-blind, placebo-controlled PSUMMIT 1 trial. Lancet 2013; 382:780.
- A Kavanaugh et al. Ustekinumab, an anti-IL-12/23 p40 monoclonal antibody, inhibits radiographic progression in patients with active psoriatic arthritis: results of an integrated analysis of radiographic data from the phase 3, multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled PSUMMIT-1 and PSUMMIT-2 trials. Ann Rheum Dis 2014; 73:1000.
- IB McInnes et al. Efficacy and safety of secukinumab, a fully human anti-interleukin-17A monoclonal antibody, in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriatic arthritis: a 24-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II proof-of-concept trial. Ann Rheum Dis 2014; 73:349.
- M Daly et al. Combination systemic therapies in psoriatic arthritis. J Dermatolog Treat 2011; 22:276.
- ML Felquer and ER Soriano. New treatment paradigms in psoriatic arthritis: an update on new therapeutics approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Curr Opin Rheumatol 2015; 27:99.
- GN Karanikolas et al. Adalimumab or cyclosporine as monotherapy and in combination in severe psoriatic arthritis: results from a prospective 12-month nonrandomized unblinded clinical trial. J Rheumatol 2011; 38:2466.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.