The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Mifepristone (Mifeprex) Label Changes
April 25, 2016 (Issue: 1493)The FDA has approved several significant changes in the labeling of mifepristone (Mifeprex – Danco), an oral antiprogestin that has been used in the US for more than 15 years for termination of intrauterine pregnancy. It has generally been used...more
- Mifepristone (RU 486). Med Lett Drugs Ther 2000; 42:101.
- MJ Chen and MD Creinin. Mifepristone with buccal misoprostol for medical abortion: a systematic review. Obstet Gynecol 2015; 126:12.
- LD Ireland et al. Medical compared with surgical abortion for effective pregnancy termination in the first trimester. Obstet Gynecol 2015; 126:22.
- K Iyengar et al. Home use of misoprostol for early medical abortion in a low resource setting: secondary analysis of a randomized controlled trial. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2016; 95:173.
- T Middleton et al. Randomized trial of mifepristone and buccal or vaginal misoprostol for abortion through 56 days of last menstrual period. Contraception 2005; 72:328.
- B Winikoff et al. Two distinct oral routes of misoprostol in mifepristone medical abortion: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 112:1303.
- R Kulier et al. Medical methods for first trimester abortion. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; 11:CD002855.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.