The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Treatment of Lyme Disease
May 9, 2016 (Issue: 1494)
- E Sanchez et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of Lyme disease, human granulocytic anaplasmosis, and babesiosis: a review. JAMA 2016; 315:1767.
- BS Pritt et al. Identification of a novel pathogenic Borrelia species causing Lyme borreliosis with unusually high spirochaetaemia: a descriptive study. Lancet Infect Dis 2016 February 5 (epub).
- P Wilhelmsson and PE Lindgren. Detection of a novel Lyme borreliosis pathogen. Lancet Infect Dis 2016 February 5 (epub).
- Insect repellents. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2012; 54:75.
- S Warshafsky et al. Efficacy of antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of Lyme disease: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. J Antimicrob Chemother 2010; 65:1137.
- PM Lantos et al. Final report of the Lyme disease review panel of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2010; 51:1.
- E Weitzer et al. Long-term assessment of post-treatment symptoms in patients with culture-confirmed early Lyme disease. Clin Infect Dis 2015; 61:8100.
- A Berende et al. Randomized trial of longer-term therapy for symptoms related to Lyme disease. N Engl J Med 2016; 374:1209.
- RB Nadelman et al. Differentiation of reinfection from relapse in recurrent Lyme disease. N Engl J Med 2012; 367: 1883.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.