The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Fostamatinib (Tavalisse) for ITP
February 25, 2019 (Issue: 1566)The FDA has approved fostamatinib disodium hexahydrate (Tavalisse – Rigel), the first spleen tyrosine kinase (SYK) inhibitor, for oral treatment of thrombocytopenia in adults with chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) who have had an...more
- C Neunert et al. The American Society of Hematology 2011 evidence-based practice guideline for immune thrombocytopenia. Blood 2011; 117:4190.
- Two new drugs for chronic ITP. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2009; 51:10.
- A Newland et al. Fostamatinib for persistent/chronic adult immune thrombocytopenia. Immunotherapy 2018; 10:9.
- J Bussel et al. Fostamatinib for the treatment of adult persistent and chronic immune thrombocytopenia: results of two phase 3, randomized, placebo-controlled trials. Am J Hematol 2018; 93:921.
- JB Bussel et al. Long-term maintenance of platelet respnses in adult patients with persistent/chronic immune thrombocytopenia treated with fostamatinib: 1-year efficacy and safety results. Blood 2017; 130(suppl 1):16.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017 September 18 (epub). Available at: medicalletter.org/downloads/CYP_PGP_Tables.pdf.
- Drug Interactions Flockhart Table. Indiana University School of Medicine. Available at: https://drug-interactions.medicine.iu.edu. Accessed February 13, 2019.
- Q Mao and JD Unadkat. Role of the breast cancer resistance protein (BRCP/ABCG2) in drug transport–an update. AAPS J 2015; 17:65.
- A Gessner et al. Clinical aspects of transporter-mediated drug-drug interactions. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2019 January 16 (epub).
- K McKeage and KA Lyseng-Williamson. Fostamatinib in chronic immune thrombocytopenia: a profile of its use in the USA. Drugs Ther Perspect 2018; 34:451.
- Approximate WAC. WAC = wholesaler acquisition cost or manufacturer's published price to wholesalers; WAC represents a published catalogue or list price and may not represent an actual transactional price. Source: Analysource® Monthly. February 5, 2019. Reprinted with permission by First Databank, Inc. All rights reserved. ©2019. www.fdbhealth.com/policies/drug-pricing-policy.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.