The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Sotagliflozin (Inpefa) for Heart Failure
July 24, 2023 (Issue: 1681)The FDA has approved sotagliflozin (Inpefa – Lexicon), an oral sodium-glucose cotransporter 1 and 2 (SGLT1/2) inhibitor, to reduce the risk of hospitalization for heart failure (HF), urgent HF visits, and cardiovascular death in adults with...more
- Drugs for type 2 diabetes. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2022; 64:177.
- In brief: Expanded heart failure indication for dapagliflozin (Farxiga). Med Lett Drugs Ther 2023; 65:101.
- In brief: Expanded heart failure indication for empagliflozin (Jardiance). Med Lett Drugs Ther 2022; 64:57.
- PA Heidenreich et al. 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA guideline for the management of heart failure: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on clinical practice guidelines. Circulation 2022; 145:e895. doi:10.1161/cir.0000000000001063
- MM Kittleson et al. 2023 ACC expert consensus decision pathway on management of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a report of the American College of Cardiology Solution Set Oversight Committee. J Am Coll Cardiol 2023; 81:1835. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2023.03.393
- DL Bhatt et al. Sotagliflozin in patients with diabetes and recent worsening heart failure. N Engl J Med 2021; 384:117. doi: 101056/nejmoa2030183
- DL Bhatt et al. Sotagliflozin in patients with diabetes and chronic kidney disease. N Engl J Med 2021; 384:129. doi:10.1056/nejmoa2030186
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.