The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Gardasil 9 - A Broader HPV Vaccine
March 30, 2015 (Issue: 1465)The FDA has now approved a recombinant, 9-valent, human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine (Gardasil 9 – Merck) for use in girls and women 9-26 years old and boys 9-15 years old. The new vaccine is indicated to prevent diseases associated with...more
- A human papillomavirus vaccine. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2006; 48:65.
- Cervarix – a second HPV vaccine. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2010; 52:37.
- B Serrano et al. Potential impact of a nine-valent vaccine in human papillomavirus related cervical disease. Infect Agent Cancer 2012; 7:38.
- A Chatterjee. The next generation of HPV vaccines: nonavalent vaccine V503 on the horizon. Expert Rev Vaccines 2014; 13:1279.
- EA Joura et al. A 9-valent HPV vaccine against infection and intraepithelial neoplasia in women. N Engl J Med 2015; 372:711.
- LE Markowitz et al. Human papillomavirus vaccination: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep 2014; 63(RR-05):1.
- LE Markowitz. Proposed HPV vaccination recommendations. ACIP presentation slides: February 26, 2015 meeting. Available at: www.cdc.gov. Accessed March 19, 2015.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.