The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Influenza Vaccine for 2015-2016
September 14, 2015 (Issue: 1477)
- LA Grohskopf et al. Prevention and control of influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, United States, 2015-16 influenza season. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2015; 64:818.
- KL Nichol et al. Effectiveness of influenza vaccine in the community-dwelling elderly. N Engl J Med 2007; 357:1373.
- M Darvishian et al. Effectiveness of seasonal influenza vaccine in community-dwelling elderly people: a meta-analysis of test-negative design case-control studies. Lancet Infect Dis 2014; 14:1228.
- T Heikkinen et al. Impact of influenza B lineage-level mismatch between trivalent seasonal influenza vaccines and circulating viruses, 1999-2012. Clin Infect Dis 2014; 59:1519.
- AS Monto et al. Comparative efficacy of inactivated and live attenuated influenza vaccines. N Engl J Med 2009; 361:1260.
- CS Ambrose et al. The relative efficacy of trivalent live attenuated and inactivated influenza vaccines in children and adults. Influenza Other Respir Viruses 2011; 5:67.
- CJ Phillips et al. Comparison of the effectiveness of trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine and live, attenuated influenza vaccine in preventing influenza-like illness among US military service members, 2006-2009. Clin Infect Dis 2013; 56:11.
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Summary Report: October 29–30, 2014 (meeting minutes). Atlanta, Georgia: US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2014. Available at www.cdc.gov. Accessed September 3, 2015.
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Summary Report: February 26, 2015 (meeting minutes). Atlanta, Georgia: US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2015. Available at www.cdc.gov. Accessed September 3, 2015.
- K Goodwin et al. Antibody response to influenza vaccination in the elderly: a quantitative review. Vaccine 2006; 24:1159.
- JY Song et al. Long-term immunogenicity of influenza vaccine among the elderly: risk factors for poor immune response and persistence. Vaccine 2010; 28:3929.
- J Castilla et al. Decline in influenza vaccine effectiveness with time after vaccination, Navarre, Spain, season 2011/12. Euro Surveill 2013; 18:pii:20388.
- CA DiazGranados et al. Efficacy of high-dose versus standard-dose influenza vaccine in older adults. N Engl J Med 2014; 371:635.
- CA DiazGranados et al. Prevention of serious events in adults 65 years of age or older: a comparison between high-dose and standard-dose inactivated influenza vaccines. Vaccine 2015 July 26 (epub).
- CA DiazGranados et al. Efficacy and immunogenicity of high-dose influenza vaccine in older adults by age, comorbidities, and frailty. Vaccine 2015; 33:4565.
- DM Richardson et al. Comparative effectiveness of high-dose versus standard-dose influenza vaccination in community-dwelling veterans. Clin Infect Dis 2015; 61:171.
- HS Izurieta et al. Comparative effectiveness of high-dose versus standard-dose influenza vaccines in US residents aged 65 years and older from 2012 to 2013 using Medicare data: a retrospective cohort analysis. Lancet Infect Dis 2015; 15:293.
- JA Udell et al. Association between influenza vaccination and cardiovascular outcomes in high-risk patients: a meta-analysis. JAMA 2013; 310:1711.
- MG Thompson et al. Effectiveness of seasonal trivalent influenza vaccine for preventing influenza virus illness among pregnant women: a population-based case-control study during the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 influenza seasons. Clin Infect Dis 2014; 58:449.
- SA Madhi et al. Influenza vaccination of pregnant women and protection of their infants. N Engl J Med 2014; 371:918.
- JC Kwong et al. Risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome after seasonal influenza vaccination and influenza health-care encounters: a self-controlled study. Lancet Infect Dis 2013; 13:769.
- LL Polakowski et al. Chart-confirmed Guillain-Barré syndrome after 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccination among the Medicare population, 2009-2010. Am J Epidemiol 2013; 178:962.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.