The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Cannabis and Cannabinoids
August 1, 2016 (Issue: 1500)
- National Conference of State Legislatures. State medical marijuana laws. Available at www.ncsl.org/research/health/state-medical-marijuana-laws.aspx. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- PF Whiting et al. Cannabinoids for medical use: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA 2015; 313:2456.
- G Wilkie et al. Medical marijuana use in oncology: a review. JAMA Oncol 2016; 2:670.
- Rolapitant (Varubi) for prevention of delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2016; 58:17.
- RK Portenoy et al. Nabiximols for opioid-treated cancer patients with poorly-controlled chronic pain: a randomized, placebo-controlled, graded-dose trial. J Pain 2012; 13:438.
- KP Hill. Medical marijuana for treatment of chronic pain and other medical and psychiatric problems: a clinical review. JAMA 2015; 313:2474.
- V Yadav et al. Summary of evidence-based guideline: Complementary and alternative medicine in multiple sclerosis: report of the guideline development subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology 2014; 82:1083.
- O Devinsky et al. Cannabidiol in patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy: an open-label intervention trial. Lancet Neurol 2016; 15:270.
- D Friedman and O Devinsky. Cannabinoids in the treatment of epilepsy. N Engl J Med 2015; 373:1048.
- Committee on Obstetric Practice. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Committee Opinion: Marijuana use during pregnancy and lactation. Number 637, July 2015. Available at: www.acog.org. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- RL Hartman et al. Controlled cannabis vaporizer administration: blood and plasma cannabinoids with and without alcohol. Clin Chem 2015; 61:850.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2016; 58:e46.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.