The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Dupilumab (Dupixent) for Asthma
January 14, 2019 (Issue: 1563)The FDA has approved the subcutaneously injected monoclonal antibody dupilumab (Dupixent – Sanofi/Regeneron) for add-on maintenance treatment of patients ≥12 years old with moderate to severe asthma with an eosinophilic phenotype or with...more
- Dupilumab (Dupixent) for moderate to severe atopic dermatitis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:64.
- S Wenzel et al. Dupilumab in persistent asthma with elevated eosinophil levels. N Engl J Med 2013; 368:2455.
- Benralizumab (Fasenra) for severe eosinophilic asthma. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2018; 60:33.
- Mepolizumab (Nucala) for severe eosinophilic asthma. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2016; 58:11.
- Reslizumab (Cinqair) for severe eosinophilic asthma. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2016; 58:81.
- Drugs for asthma. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:139.
- S Wenzel et al. Dupilumab efficacy and safety in adults with uncontrolled persistent asthma despite use of medium-to-high-dose inhaled corticosteroids plus a long-acting β2 agonist: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled pivotal phase 2b dose-ranging trial. Lancet 2016; 388:31.
- M Castro et al. Dupilumab efficacy and safety in moderate-to-severe uncontrolled asthma. N Engl J Med 2018; 378:2486.
- KF Rabe et al. Efficacy and safety of dupilumab in glucocorticoid-dependent severe asthma. N Engl J Med 2018; 378:2475.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.