The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Daridorexant (Quviviq) for Insomnia
July 11, 2022 (Issue: 1654)The FDA has approved daridorexant (Quviviq – Idorsia), an orexin receptor antagonist, for treatment of sleep-onset and/or sleep-maintenance insomnia in adults. Daridorexant is the third orexin receptor antagonist to be approved for this...more
- Suvorexant (Belsomra) for insomnia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2015; 57:29.
- Lemborexant (Dayvigo) for insomnia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020; 62:97.
- Drugs for chronic insomnia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2018; 60:201.
- C Roch et al. Nonclinical pharmacology of daridorexant: a new dual orexin receptor antagonist for the treatment of insomnia. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2021; 238:2693.
- E Mignot et al. Safety and efficacy of daridorexant in patients with insomnia disorder: results from two multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trials. Lancet Neurol 2022; 21:125.
- C Muehlan et al. Driving performance after bedtime administration of daridorexant, assessed in a sensitive simulator. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2022; 111:1334.
- ML Boof et al. Effect of the novel dual orexin receptor antagonist daridorexant on night-time respiratory function and sleep in patients with moderate chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Sleep Res 2021; 30:e13248.
- ML Boof et al. Effect of the new dual orexin receptor antagonist daridorexant on nighttime respiratory function and sleep in patients with mild and moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep 2021; 44:zsaa275.
- M Ufer et al. Abuse potential assessment of the new dual orexin receptor antagonist daridorexant in recreational sedative drug users as compared to suvorexant and zolpidem. Sleep 2022; 45:zsab224.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006-. Daridorexant. [Updated 2022 January 18]. Available at: https://bit.ly/3wCEDKE. Accessed June 23, 2022.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes, P-glycoprotein, and other transporters. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2021 October 20 (epub). Available at: medicalletter.org/downloads/CYP_PGP_Tables.pdf.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.