The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Relyvrio for ALS
November 28, 2022 (Issue: 1664)The FDA has approved Relyvrio (Amylyx), a fixed-dose combination of sodium phenylbutyrate and taurursodiol, for treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Sodium phenylbutyrate (Buphenyl, and others) has been available by prescription for...more
- Edaravone (Radicava) for ALS. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:180.
- In brief: Edaravone oral suspension (Radicava ORS) for ALS. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2022; 64:e1.
- RH Brown and A Al-Chalabi. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. N Engl J Med 2017; 377:162.
- RG Miller et al. Riluzole for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)/motor neuron disease (MND). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; 2012(3):CD001447.
- S Paganoni et al. Trial of sodium phenylbutyrate-taurursodiol for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. N Engl J Med 2020; 383:919.
- S Paganoni et al. Effect of sodium phenylbutyrate/taurursodiol on tracheostomy/ventilation-free survival and hospitalisation in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: long-term results from the CENTAUR trial. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2022; 93:871.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.