1. FDA Drug Safety Communication: Low magnesium levels can be associated with long-term use of proton pump inhibitor drugs (PPIs). Available at www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm245011.htm. Accessed March 28, 2011.
2. M Epstein et al. Proton-pump inhibitors and hypomagnesemic hypoparathyroidism. N Engl J Med 2006; 355:1834.
3. T Cundy and A Dissanayake. Severe hypomagnesaemia in long-term users of proton-pump inhibitors. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2008; 69:338.
4. MA Broeren et al. Hypomagnesemia induced by several proton-pump inhibitors. Ann Intern Med 2009; 151:755.
5. J Mackay and PT Bladon. Hypomagnesaemia due to proton-pump inhibitor therapy: a clinical case series. QJM 2010; 103:387.
6. T Cundy and J Mackay. Proton pump inhibitors and severe hypomagnesaemia. Curr Opin Gastroenterol 2011; 27:180.