The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Vorapaxar (Zontivity) for Prevention of Thrombotic Cardiovascular Events
September 15, 2014 (Issue: 1451)The FDA has approved vorapaxar (Zontivity – Merck), an oral protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) antagonist, for use with aspirin and/or clopidogrel to reduce the risk of thrombotic cardiovascular events in patients with peripheral arterial...more
- Antithrombotic drugs. Treat Guidel Med Lett 2011; 9:61.
- P Tricoci et al. Thrombin-receptor antagonist vorapaxar in acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med 2012; 366:20.
- DA Morrow et al. Vorapaxar in the secondary prevention of atherothrombotic events. N Engl J Med 2012; 366:1404.
- BM Scirica et al. Vorapaxar for secondary prevention of thrombotic events for patients with previous myocardial infarction: a prespecified subgroup analysis of the TRA 2°P-TIMI 50 trial. Lancet 2012; 380:1317.
- MP Bonaca et al. Vorapaxar in patients with peripheral artery disease: results from TRA2°P-TIMI 50. Circulation 2013; 127:1522.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2013; 55:e44.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.