The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
October 13, 2014
Subscribers: Log in to read full issue. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase issue.
Influenza Vaccine for 2014-2015
October 13, 2014 (Issue: 1453)Annual vaccination against influenza A and B viruses has been shown to decrease influenza illness and its complications.
- LA Grohskopf et al. Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) – United States, 2014-15 influenza season. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2014; 63:691.
- KL Nichol et al. Effectiveness of influenza vaccine in the community-dwelling elderly. N Engl J Med 2007; 357:1373.
- M Loeb et al. Effect of influenza vaccination of children on infection rates in Hutterite communities: a randomized trial. JAMA 2010; 303:943.
- RB Belshe et al. Live attenuated virus versus inactivated influenza vaccine in infants and young children. N Engl J Med 2007; 356:685.
- AS Monto et al. Comparative efficacy of inactivated and live attenuated influenza vaccines. N Engl J Med 2009; 361:1260.
- K Goodwin et al. Antibody response to influenza vaccination in the elderly : a quantitative review. Vaccine 2006; 24:1159.
- CA DiazGranados et al. Efficacy of high-dose versus standard-dose influenza vaccine in older adults. N Engl J Med 2014; 371:635.
- JA Udell et al. Association between influenza vaccination and cardiovascular outcomes in high-risk patients: a meta-analysis. JAMA 2013; 310:1711.
- MG Thompson et al. Effectiveness of seasonal trivalent influenza vaccine for preventing influenza virus illness among pregnant women: a population-based case-control study during the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 influenza seasons. Clin Infect Dis 2014; 58:449.
- SA Madhi et al. Influenza vaccination of pregnant women and protection of their infants. N Engl J Med 2014; 371:918.
- JJ Song et al. Long-term immunogenicity of influenza vaccine among the elderly : risk factors for poor immune response and persistence. Vaccine 2010; 28:3929.
- J Castilla et al. Decline in influenza vaccine effectiveness with time after vaccination, Navarre, Spain, season 2011/12. Euro Surveill 2013; 18:pii:20388.
- JC Kwong et al. Risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome after seasonal influenza vaccine and influenza health-care encounters: a self-controlled study. Lancet Infect Dis 2013; 13:769.
- LL Polakowski et al. Chart-confirmed Guillain-Barré syndrome after 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccination among the Medicare population, 2009-2010. Am J Epidemiol 2013; 178:962.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.