The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- Lecanemab (Leqembi) Granted Full Approval for Early Alzheimer's Disease
- Bexagliflozin (Brenzavvy) — A Fifth SGLT2 Inhibitor for Type 2 Diabetes
- Once-Weekly or Once-Monthly Subcutaneous Buprenorphine (Brixadi) for Opioid Use Disorder
- Linaclotide (Linzess) for Functional Constipation
- Empagliflozin (Jardiance) for Type 2 Diabetes in Children (online only)
- In Brief: A New Endometrial Cancer Indication for Dostarlimab (Jemperli) (online only)
Lecanemab (Leqembi) Granted Full Approval for Early Alzheimer's Disease
August 21, 2023 (Issue: 1683)Lecanemab-irmb (Leqembi – Eisai/Biogen), the IV amyloid-directed monoclonal antibody that received accelerated approval from the FDA in January 2023 for treatment of early Alzheimer's disease, has now received full approval from the FDA based...more
- Aducanumab (Aduhelm) for Alzheimer's disease. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2021; 63:105.
- Addendum: Aducanumab (Aduhelm) for Alzheimer's disease. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2021; 63:120.
- Drugs for cognitive loss and dementia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2022; 64:129.
- Lecanemab (Leqembi) for Alzheimer's disease. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2023; 65:17.
- CH van Dyck et al. Lecanemab in early Alzheimer's disease. N Engl J Med 2023; 388:9. doi:10.1056/nejmoa2212948
- J Cummings et al. Lecanemab: appropriate use recommendations. J Prev Alzheimers Dis 2023; 10:362. doi:10.14283/jpad.2023.30
- CJ Swanson et al. A randomized, double-blind, phase 2b proof-of-concept clinical trial in early Alzheimer's disease with lecanemab, an anti-Aβ protofibril antibody. Alzheimers Res Ther 2021; 13:80. doi:10.1186/s13195-021-00813-8
- CMS Press Release. Statement: broader Medicare coverage of Leqembi available following FDA traditional approval. July 6, 2023. Available at: https://bit.ly/46WYe9y. Accessed August 3, 2023.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.