The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Umeclidinium (Incruse Ellipta) for COPD
April 27, 2015 (Issue: 1467)The FDA has approved Incruse Ellipta (GSK), a single-agent inhaler containing the long-acting anticholinergic umeclidinium, for once-daily maintenance treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Umeclidinium was initially...more
- Anoro Ellipta: an inhaled umeclidinium/vilanterol combination for COPD. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2014; 56:30.
- Drugs for asthma and COPD. Treat Guidel Med Lett 2013; 11:75.
- R Trivedi et al. Umeclidinium in patients with COPD: a randomised, placebo-controlled study. Eur Respir J 2014; 43:72.
- JF Donohue et al. Efficacy and safety of once-daily umeclidinium/vilanterol 62.5/25 mcg in COPD. Respir Med 2013; 107: 1538.
- JF Donohue et al. Safety and tolerability of once-daily umeclidinium/vilanterol 125/25 mcg and umeclidinium 125 mcg in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results from a 52-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Respir Res 2014; 15:78.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.