The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- Carbidopa/Levodopa Extended-Release Capsules (Rytary)
- Netupitant/Palonosetron (Akynzeo) for Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting
- Umeclidinium (Incruse Ellipta) for COPD
- Glyxambi - A New Combination for Type 2 Diabetes
- Addendum: Diet, Drugs, and Surgery for Weight Loss
- In Brief: Mechlorethamine Gel (Valchlor) for Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (online only)
Carbidopa/Levodopa Extended-Release Capsules (Rytary)
April 27, 2015 (Issue: 1467)The FDA has approved a new formulation of carbidopa/levodopa (Rytary – Impax) in extended-release capsules for treatment of Parkinson’s disease (PD).
- Drugs for Parkinson's disease. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2013; 11:101.
- R Pahwa et al. Practice Parameter: treatment of Parkinson disease with motor fluctuations and dyskinesia (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology 2006; 66:983.
- RA Hauser et al. Crossover comparison of IPX066 and a standard levodopa formulation in advanced Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord 2011; 26:2246.
- R Pahwa et al. Randomized trial of IPX066, carbidopa/levodopa extended release, in early Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2014; 20:142.
- RA Hauser et al. Extended-release carbidopa-levodopa (IPX066) compared with immediate-release carbidopa-levodopa in patients with Parkinson's disease and motor fluctuations: a phase 3 randomised, double-blind trial. Lancet Neurol 2013; 12:346.
- F Stocchi et al. Comparison of IPX066 with carbidopa-levodopa plus entacapone in advanced PD patients. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2014; 20:1335.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.