The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
Vericiguat (Verquvo) for Heart Failure
March 8, 2021 (Issue: 1619)The FDA has approved vericiguat (Verquvo – Merck), an oral soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC) stimulator, to reduce the risk of hospitalization for heart failure and cardiovascular (CV) death following a worsening heart failure event...more
- Riociguat (Adempas) for pulmonary hypertension. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2014; 56:17.
- TM Maddox et al. 2021 Update to the 2017 ACC expert consensus decision pathway for optimization of heart failure treatment: answers to 10 pivotal issues about heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: a report of the American College of Cardiology Solution Set Oversight Committee. J Am Coll Cardiol 2021; 77:772.
- Drugs for chronic heart failure. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2019; 61:49.
- Empagliflozin (Jardiance) for heart failure. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020; 62:177.
- Dapagliflozin (Farxiga) - a new indication for heart failure. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020; 62:102.
- Ivabradine (Corlanor) for heart failure. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2015; 57:75.
- PW Armstrong et al. Vericiguat in patients with heart failure and reduced ejection fraction. N Engl J Med 2020; 382:1883.
- Approximate WAC for 30 days' treatment at the usual maximum adult dosage. WAC = wholesaler acquisition cost or manufacturer's published price to wholesalers; WAC represents a published catalogue or list price and may not represent an actual transactional price. Source: AnalySource® Monthly. February 5, 2021. Reprinted with permission by First Databank, Inc. All rights reserved. ©2021. www.fdbhealth.com/policies/drug-pricing-policy.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.