The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- Lofexidine (Lucemyra) for Opioid Withdrawal
- Two New Drugs for Glaucoma
- Baricitinib (Olumiant) for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Firvanq - Vancomycin Oral Solution
- Correction: Abuse-Deterrent Opioids
- Axicabtagene Ciloleucel (Yescarta) for B-Cell Lymphoma (online only)
- Apalutamide (Erleada) for Prostate Cancer (online only)
Lofexidine (Lucemyra) for Opioid Withdrawal
July 16, 2018 (Issue: 1551)The FDA has approved lofexidine (Lucemyra – US WorldMeds/Salix), a centrally acting alpha2 receptor agonist, to manage withdrawal symptoms in adults abruptly stopping opioid use. Available in the UK since 1992, lofexidine is the first nonopioid...more
- Management of opioid withdrawal symptoms. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2018; 60 (in press).
- Drugs for opioid use disorder. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:89.
- CW Gorodetzky et al. A phase III, randomized, multi-center, double blind, placebo controlled study of safety and efficacy of lofexidine for relief of symptoms in individuals undergoing inpatient opioid withdrawal. Drug Alcohol Depend 2017; 176:79.
- L Gowing et al. Alpha2-adrenergic agonists for the management of opioid withdrawal. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016; 5:CD002024.
- RL Woosley and KA Romero. QT drugs list. Available at: www. crediblemeds.org. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017 September 18 (epub). Available at: www.medicalletter.org/downloads/CYP_PGP_Tables.pdf.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.