The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
ZTlido - A New Lidocaine Patch for Postherpetic Neuralgia
March 25, 2019 (Issue: 1568)A lidocaine 1.8% patch (ZTlido – Scilex) has been approved by the FDA for treatment of pain associated with postherpetic neuralgia (PHN). A lidocaine 5% patch (Lidoderm, and generics) was approved earlier for the same indication and has been...more
- RW Johnson and AS Rice. Clinical practice. Postherpetic neuralgia. N Engl J Med 2014; 371:1526.
- JS Massengill and JL Kittredge. Practical considerations in the pharmacological treatment of postherpetic neuralgia for the primary care provider. J Pain Res 2014; 7:125.
- T Mallick-Searle et al. Postherpetic neuralgia: epidemiology, pathophysiology, and pain management pharmacology. J Multidiscip Healthc 2016; 9:447.
- Once-daily gabapentin (Gralise) for postherpetic neuralgia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2011; 53:94.
- Capsaicin patch (Qutenza) for postherpetic neuralgia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2011; 53:42.
- K Patel et al. A randomized, comparative pharmacokinetic (PK) study of ZTlido lidocaine topical system 1.8% (36 mg) versus Lidoderm lidocaine patch 5% (700 mg). Abstract 63. Presented at PainWeek Sept 4-8, 2018; Las Vegas, NV. Available at: https://doi.org. Accessed March 13, 2019.
- J Gudin et al. Adhesion performance of 3 lidocaine patch formulations. Abstract 46. Presented at PainWeek, Sept 4-8, 2018; Las Vegas, NV. Available at: https://doi.org. Accessed March 13, 2019.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.