The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- In Brief: Sacubitril/Valsartan (Entresto) Expanded Indication
- Evinacumab (Evkeeza) for Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Vibegron (Gemtesa) for Overactive Bladder
- Fluvoxamine for COVID-19?
- Tirbanibulin 1% Ointment (Klisyri) for Actinic Keratosis
- In Brief: New Recommendations for Gonococcal Infection
- In Brief: Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Suspended (online only)
In Brief: Sacubitril/Valsartan (Entresto) Expanded Indication
May 3, 2021 (Issue: 1623)The oral fixed-dose combination of the neprilysin inhibitor sacubitril and the angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) valsartan (Entresto – Novartis) was approved in 2015 to reduce the risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalization for heart...more
- Sacubitril/valsartan (Entresto) for heart failure. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2015; 57:107.
- SD Solomon et al. Angiotensin-neprilysin inhibition in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. N Engl J Med 2019; 381:1609.
- Approximate WAC. WAC = wholesale acquisition cost, or manufacturer's published price to wholesalers; WAC represents published catalogue or list prices and may not represent actual transactional prices. Source: Analysource® Monthly. March 5, 2021. Reprinted with permission by First Databank, Inc. All rights reserved. ©2021. www.fdbhealth.com/policies/drug-pricing-policy.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.