1. JA Singh et al. 2012 update of the 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res 2012; 64:625.
6. YF Chen et al. A systematic review of the effectiveness of adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in adults and an economic evaluation of their cost-effectiveness. Health Technol Assess 2006; 10:iii.
11. SB Cohen et al. Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to antitumor necrosis factor therapy: results of a multicenter, randomized, double- blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeks. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54:2793.
15. RF van Vollenhover et al. Conventional combination treatment versus biological treatment in methotrexate-refractory early rheumatoid arthritis: 2 year follow-up of the randomised, non-blinded, parallel-group Swefot trial. Lancet 2012. Epub ahead of print.
16. B Kuriya et al. Efficacy of initial methotrexate monotherapy versus combination therapy with a biological agent in early rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis of clinical and radiographic remission. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69:1298.
17. YH Lee et al. Meta-analysis of the combination of TNF inhibitors plus MTX compared to MTX monotherapy, and the adjusted indirect comparison of TNF inhibitors in patients suffering from active rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatol Int 2008; 28:553.
30. E Dernis et al. Use of glucocorticoids in rheumatoid arthritis - practical modalities of glucocorticoid therapy: recommendations for clinical practice based on data from the literature and expert opinion. Joint Bone Spine 2010; 77:451.