The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
July 12, 2021
Subscribers: Log in to read full issue. Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase issue.
Aducanumab (Aduhelm) for Alzheimer's Disease
July 12, 2021 (Issue: 1628)Aducanumab-avwa (Aduhelm – Biogen/Eisai), an IV amyloid beta-directed monoclonal antibody, has received accelerated approval from the FDA for treatment of Alzheimer's disease. The approval was based on the surrogate endpoint of reduction...more
- FDA Summary Memorandum. Aduhelm. June 7, 2021. Available at: https://bit.ly/3wTdwJV. Accessed June 24, 2021.
- Drugs for cognitive loss and dementia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2017; 59:155.
- LK Huang et al. Clinical trials of new drugs for Alzheimer disease. J Biomed Sci 2020; 27:18.
- J Shi et al. Alzheimer's disease beyond amyloid: strategies for future therapeutic interventions. BMJ 2020; 371:m3684.
- NIH. 221AD301 phase 3 study of aducanumab (BIIB037) in early Alzheimer's disease (ENGAGE). Available at: https://bit. ly/3cKxfDI. Accessed June 24, 2021.
- NIH. 221AD302 phase 3 study of aducanumab (BIIB037) in early Alzheimer's disease (EMERGE). Available at: https://bit. ly/3gF2ukE. Accessed June 24, 2021.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.