The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- Two Vonoprazan Combinations (Voquezna) for H. pylori
- Two New Oral Testosterone Products for Hypogonadism
- Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors for Alzheimer's Disease?
- In Brief: OTC Azelastine Nasal Spray 0.15% (Astepro Allergy) for Allergic Rhinitis
- COVID-19 Update: Novavax Vaccine Authorized for Booster Immunization (online only)
Two Vonoprazan Combinations (Voquezna) for H. pylori
October 31, 2022 (Issue: 1662)The FDA has approved vonoprazan, a potassium-competitive acid blocker, copackaged with amoxicillin (Voquezna Dual Pak – Phathom) and with amoxicillin and clarithromycin (Voquezna Triple Pak) for treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection in...more
- JKY Hooi et al. Global prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection: systematic review and meta-analysis. Gastroenterology 2017; 153:420.
- Drugs for GERD and peptic ulcer disease. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2022; 64:49.
- MA Alsamman et al. Retrospective analysis confirms tetracycline quadruple as best Helicobacter pylori regimen in the USA. Dig Dis Sci 2019; 64:2893.
- SC Shah et al. AGA clinical practice update on the management of refractory Helicobacter pylori infection: expert review. Gastroenterology 2021; 160:1831.
- Talicia – a 3-drug combination for Helicobacter pylori infection. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020; 62:83.
- DY Graham and MP Dore. Update on the use of vonoprazan: a competitive acid blocker. Gastroenterology 2018; 154:462.
- WD Chey et al. Vonoprazan triple and dual therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection in the United States and Europe: randomized clinical trial. Gastroenterology 2022; 163:608.
- RL Woosley et al. QT drugs list. Available at: www.crediblemeds.org. Accessed October 13, 2022.
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA review finds additional data supports the potential for increased long-term risks with antibiotic clarithromycin (Biaxin) in patients with heart disease. February 22, 2018. Available at: https://bit.ly/35m8rBk. Accessed October 13, 2022.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes, P-glycoprotein, and other transporters. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2021 October 20 (epub). Available at: http://secure.medicalletter.org/downloads/CYP_PGP_Tables.pdf.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.