The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
- Atogepant (Qulipta) for Migraine Prevention
- Empagliflozin (Jardiance) for Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) - A New Peripheral Artery Disease Indication
- Trilaciclib (Cosela) for Prevention of Chemotherapy-Related Myelosuppression
- Apoaequorin (Prevagen) to Improve Memory
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dosing Recommendations Flowchart (online only)
Atogepant (Qulipta) for Migraine Prevention
November 1, 2021 (Issue: 1636)Atogepant (Qulipta – Abbvie), an oral small-molecule calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist ("gepant"), has been approved by the FDA for prevention of episodic migraine in adults. It is the second oral CGRP receptor...more
- Rimegepant (Nurtec ODT) for acute treatment of migraine. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020; 62:70.
- J Ailani et al. The American Headache Society consensus statement: update on integrating new migraine treatments into clinical practice. Headache 2021; 61:1021.
- Drugs for migraine. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020; 62:153.
- R Croop et al. Oral rimegepant for preventive treatment of migraine: a phase 2/3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2021; 397:51.
- ME Bigal et al. Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and migraine current understanding and state of development. Headache 2013; 53:1230.
- J Ailani et al. Atogepant for preventive treatment of migraine. N Engl J Med 2021; 385:695.
- PJ Goadsby et al. Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of orally administered atogepant for the prevention of episodic migraine in adults: a double-blind, randomised phase 2b/3 trial. Lancet Neurol 2020; 19:727.
- Inhibitors and inducers of CYP enzymes and P-glycoprotein. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2020 September 10 (epub). Available at: medicalletter.org/downloads/CYP_PGP_Tables.pdf.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.