The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
FDA Authorizes Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
January 25, 2021 (Issue: 1616)On December 18, 2020, the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the Moderna mRNA-based vaccine for prevention of COVID-19 in persons ≥18 years old. The Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA-based vaccine received an FDA EUA for the same...more
- FDA authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. Med Lett Drugs Ther 2021; 63:1.
- LR Baden et al. Efficacy and safety of the mRNA-1273 SARSCoV- 2 vaccine. N Engl J Med 2020 December 30 (epub).
- CDC. Allergic reactions including anaphylaxis after receipt of the first dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine — United States, December 14–23, 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2021 January 6 (epub).
- CDC. Interim clinical considerations for use of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized in the United States. January 6, 2021. Available at: http://bit.ly/38i7CIH. Accessed January 7, 2021.
- FDA. Fact sheet for healthcare providers administering vaccine (vaccination providers). Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). March 2021. Available at: https://bit.ly/3nosylA. Accessed April 5, 2021.
- ACOG. Vaccinating pregnant and lactating patients against COVID-19. December 21, 2020. Available at: http://bit.ly/2Kt7AnS. Accessed January 7, 2021.
- CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Phased allocation of COVID-19 vaccines. December 20, 2020. Available at: https://bit.ly/38rMVJa. Accessed January 7, 2021.
- CDC. COVID-19 vaccination program interim playbook for jurisdiction operations – October 29, 2020. Version 2.0. Available at: https://bit.ly/37SIp63. Accessed January 7, 2021.
The Medical Letter is a subscriber-funded nonprofit organization that publishes critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.